Mallorca’s MajorDocs returns for another radical proposal in the festival scene: cinema of the real, creative processes, and slowness.
MajorDocs invites viewers to slow down and dive deeper into the works and their auteurs. This slow documentary film festival will be held from 5 to 9 of October in Mallorca and set to recovering two key values of Mallorca and the Mediterranean: tranquillity and dialogue. The first slow documentary film festival will be held this year from 5th to 9th of October. This year’s another eight films will be selected to screen. Each screening will be a unique event, in which the audience will be able to converse with the filmmakers. The films have been chosen due to their profound gaze and ability to transport viewers to other realities and connect them to their own sensitivities.
MajorDocs 2021 selections
- A Way Home (dir. Karima Saïdi) – Morocco, Belgium
- Le Temps Perdu (dir. María Álvarez) -Argentina
- Fantasia (dir. Aitor Merino) – Spain
- Spliters (dir. Natalia Garayalde) – Argentina
- Native Rock (dir. Macià Florit) – Spain
- Taming the Garden (dir. Salomé Jashi) – Switzerland, Germany, Georgia
- The Earth is Blue as an Orange (dir. Iryna Tsilyk) – Ulraine, Lithuania
- There Will Be No More Night (dir. Éléonore Weber) – France
Additionally, Lithuanian filmmaker, Audrius Stonys, will be the guest of honour. His film Woman and the Glacier will open the Festival.