This spring, the 18th Docudays UA (26 March – 4 April, 2021) will be held in a hybrid format for the first time. The offline centre of the festival will be Podil (Kiev, Ukraine), where all locations will be situated: Zhovten Cinema, IZONE Creative Space, and Dymchuk Gallery. In addition, audiences will have a chance to join film screenings and events in the DOCUSPACE Online Cinema.
The festival will keep all of its competition programmes: DOCU/WORLD, DOCU/UKRAINE and DOCU/SHORT. One of the ten nominated films will also receive the RIGHTS NOW! award, awarded to a creative documentary film that explores the modern world and makes a significant contribution to the discussion of human dignity, freedom, and equality.
- Screenings of the competition and non-competition programmes at Zhovten Cinema and conversations with Ukrainian directors of the festival films.
- Exhibitions and the animation retrospective as a part of the Intersectoral Programme at Zhovten Cinema, Dymchuk Gallery and IZONE Creative Space.
- Screenings of the competition and non-competition programmes as well as animation retrospectives of the Intersectoral Programme.
- Public online live streams of human rights discussions in the RIGHTS NOW! programme, DOCU/CLASS lectures and meetings, Tête-à-tête discussions with filmmakers of the festival films, and discussions with the artists of the Intersectoral Programme in the DOCUSPACE online cinema.
- Exclusive events for the holders of DOCU/PRO Industry Accreditation.
- The audience will also have a chance to join remote conversations with the “books” in the Living Library. Teenagers from all over Ukraine will be offered to participate in the Online Documentary Studio, where, under the mentorship of documentary filmmakers, they will create their own documentaries at the DOCU/CAMP.