The 23rd Docaviv announced its winners on the 7 July award ceremony. Though scheduled to run in hybrid until 10 July, due to the high demand for online screenings, it will extend through 31 July. The full list of films available for streaming (geo blocked and accessible for audiences in Israel only).
Of the awards given, Summer Nights by Ohad Milstein’s Summer Nights and Hogir Hirori’s Sabaya won the festival’s top prizes. The former offering a window into the world of a 6-year-old child, while the latter follows the rescue operation to save the thousands of Yazidi women and girls taken by ISIS.
Docaviv 2021 winners
- Frank Lowy Award for Best Israeli Film: Summer Nights (dir. Ohad Milstein)
- Best Director Award in the Israeli Competition: Tomer Heymann (I Am Not)
- Best International Film Award: Sabaya (dir. Hogir Hirori)
- Best Short Film: Listen to the Beat of Our Images (dir. Maxime and Audrey Jean-Baptiste)
- Beyond the Screen Award: A La Calle (dir. Nelson G. Navarette & Maxx Caicedo)
- Artistic Vision Award: By the Throat (dir. Effi & Amir)