The 2021 edition of DOK.fest München will open with Daniel Sager’s Behind the Headlines.
The film is a view into the hidden world of investigative journalism. In it, two investigative reporters from Süddeutsche Zeitung engage in a variety of leads until Austria’s infamous «Ibiza Affair» appears. What results makes a film that is «pure suspense and a plea for serious journalism in times of populism, fake news, and social media».
In addition to its opening film, DOK.fest München has announced the five nominees for its annual DOK.fest SOS-Kinderdörfer Award, which focuses on films that make the perspective of children and young people visible in a special way.
DOK.fest SOS-Kinderdörfer nominees
- School of Hope (dir. Mohamed El Aboudi) – Finland, France, Morocco 2020, Mohamed El Aboudi
- Shadow Game (dir. Eefje Blankevoort, Els van Driel) – Netherlands
- Skies Above Hebron (dir. Esther Hertog, Paul King) – Netherlands
- Far From You I Grew (dir. Marie Dumora) – France
- Wandering, A Rohingya Story (dir. Mélanie Carrier, Oliver Higgins) – Canada
- Follow You Home (dir. Kathrine Ravn Kruse ) – Denmark
DOK.fest München @home takes place from 5 to 23 May.