Docudays UA Industry Platform DOCU/PRO promotes Ukrainian documentary films, develops its film industry, and establishes contacts with international experts in the documentary world. For 2021, the online Docudays UA (26 March – 4 April 2021) will feature many activities as part of its DOCU/PRO programme, including talks, meetings, workshops, and a presentation of Ukrainian documentaries.
DOCU/PRO Insutry Programme
- Ukrainian Doc Preview
On 29 March, a showcase of Ukrainian feature-length documentaries at the stage of production/post-production will be presented to world festival programmers, representatives of international funds, sales companies and broadcasters. The selected projects are:
- Expedition 49 (dir. Alisa Kovalenko; prod. Stephane Siohan, Valery Kalmykov, Oleksiy Kobelev, Tomasz Morawski)
- Florian’s Witnesses (dir. Oleksiy Radynski; prod. Lyuba Knorozok)
- Pryvoz. Tales of a Market (dir. Eva Neymann; prod. Gennady Kofman, Olha Beskhmelnytsina)
- Fragments of Ice (dir. Maria Stoianova; prod. Alina Gorlova, Maksym Nakonechnyi)
- Fragile Memory (dir. Ihor Ivanko; prod. Mariia Ponomarova, Oleksandra Bratyshchenko, Peter Kerekes, Ihor Ivanko)
- Meet Professionals
Industry pass holders are able to sign up for individual consultations with festival representatives, sales agents, experienced producers, representatives of Ukrainian and global film foundations. IDFA, DOK Leipzig, Visions du Réel, GOEAST, Docaviv, Karlovy Vary, CAT&Docs, Heretic, Outreach, Lightdox and many others will be present.
- Docu/Pro Talks
Learn from the experts, as questions like How to find a common ground with a sales agent? How to designate targeting groups for a project? How to build a mutually beneficial coproduction? How to create a soundtrack for a film? How to pitch a project and stay alive? are addressed.
- Joanna Solecka – film marketing & social media strategist
- Mikael Opstrup – producer and specialist in international project development
- Anna Stylińska – documentary filmmaker and in-dependent producer
- Nainita Desai, Jo Ranger – composers
- Liselot Verbrugge – expert in sales and acquisitions
- Olena Siyatovska – Ukrainian director
- Adam Ślesicki – producer and head of Doc Lab Poland
- VR Doc Lab
Enhancing the toolset of documentary cinema by mastering the creation of VR films for the first time, focused on the main stages of VR cinema production: VR storytelling, technical means, and tools for making a VR film, producing, funding, pro- motion and distribution of VR films.
Find more information on DOCU/PRO including its full schedule – HERE