For its Impact Days Industry Programme, the FIFDH, leading Human Rights Film Festival based in the heart of Geneva, invites Filmmakers, Producers, and Impact Producers to an exclusive online session, Impact Filmmaking for Human Rights.
On January 25, 2022, join a wide range of international experts and award-winning filmmakers who will share their experiences and know-how on how films can contribute to changing mindsets, behaviours, and structures when connected with strategic changemakers. Find out more about how your film can become part of a broader movement of structural change through the power of cinematic storytelling.
Impact Filmmaking For Human Rights Programme
- 15:00 CET | WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION – Laura Longobardi, Head of Impact and Industry, FIFDH
- 15:15 | OPENING KEYNOTE – Storyteller vs. Storybeing: 3 Things Filmmakers Do To Have Transformational (not transactional) Impact Campaigns – Ani Mercedes, Impact producer, founder Looky Looky Pictures
- 16:15 | CASE STUDIES – Some recent examples of successful impact campaigns – Nicole van Schaik, Director of Development, Doc Society
- 17:00 | BREAK
- 17:15 | What is an Impact producer and What (the hell) is GIPA? – Naomi Walker, Global Impact Producers’ Network Coordinator
- 17:30 | PANEL DISCUSSION – How can we create a more sustainable eco-system in impact funding in these times of crisis? – Moderated by Naomi Walker – Cara Mertes, Founding Executive Director, International Resource for Impact & Storytelling (IRIS), Rebecca Lichtenfeld, Executive Director, InMaat Foundation, Rasmus Steen, Head of IMS Documentary Film, International Media Support (IMS)
- 18:30 | END OF SESSION