The Netherlands’ Movies that Matter Festival has just announced its winners.
The international film festival on human rights held 30 national and international premieres and a wide range of in-depth programmes. Later in 2021, the festival will organise screenings in satellite cities across The Netherlands.
Movies that Matter 2021 winners
- Grand Jury Fiction Award: Quo Vadis, Aida? (dir. Jasmila Žbanić) – Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Grand Jury Documentary Award: Watch Over Me (dir. Farida Pacha) – Switzerland
- Special Mentions: Dying to Divorce (dir. Chloe Fairweater) – Norway, UK & Petite Fille (dir. Sébastien Lifshitz) – France
- Special Mention: A Thousand Cuts (dir. Ramona S. Diaz) – Philippines, USA
- Special Mention: Quo Vadis, Aida? (dir. Jasmila Žbanić) – Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Special Mention: Here We Move Here We Groove (dir. Sergej Kreso) – Netherlands & I Don’t Wanna Dance (dir. Flynn Von Kleist) – Netherlands