Doc Society is on the lookout for creative non-fiction projects that can complete production in 2021 with support from the Climate Story Fund. In this initial round, the Climate Story Fund will support 6-8 projects with grants ranging between $20,000 to $100,000 per project and can include long form non-fiction, shorts, and episodic documentaries, as well as podcasts and AR/VR. The Climate Story Fund will also consider proposals from completed creative nonfiction and fiction projects that are looking to pilot an impact campaign to engage audiences who have felt excluded from the climate conversation. While no previous experience with impact campaigns is required, applicants must be open and willing to embrace this way of working.
Each grantee will be invited to participate in an impact lab where storytellers will collaborate closely with practitioners, ranging from climate scientists to impact producers to movement builders, to ensure they are building upon existing expertise and advocacy efforts to engage their intended audiences.
There will be two calls for applications in 2021. The first open call operates the following timeline, while the second round of the fund will open in Fall 2021:
- 8th February 2021 – Call for applications open
- 4th March 2021 – Call for applications closes at 11:59 PM PST
- Week of 5th April 2021 – Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to supply rough cuts / extended materials
- Week of 19th April 2021 – Zoom interviews (30 mins) for final round applicants
- Week of 3rd May 2021 – Selected grantees will be notified
- Week of 10th May 2021 – Unsuccessful candidates will be notified
- Week of 17th May 2021 – Virtual Impact Lab for all new grantees
Find complete information on Doc Society Climate Story Fund – HERE