The second edition of the MakeCoProDox Forum has already kicked off 5 August where 7 regional funds (Slovenian Film Centre, North Macedonia Film Agency, Croatian Audiovisual Centre, Greek Film Centre, Albanian Center of Cinematography, Kosovo Cinematography Center, Film Center Serbia, Film Centre of Montenegro) had a meeting with moderator Helle Hansen (Norwegian Fim Institute). Then, on 6 August, selected projects workshopped their pitches with Brigid O’Shea (DOK Leipzig, Documentary Association of Europe).
The selected projects will reconvene on 24 – 25 August, during MakeDox festival, including one-on-one meetings with key industry figures and final pitch sessions.
The projects selected for this year’s MakeCoProDox Forum represent Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey, Montenegro, and Romania. They are:
- Forbidden (Director: Anelise Salan; Producer: Cristina Iordache) – Romania
- Life Beyond Border (Director: Haydar Demirtaş; Producer: Hasan Demirtaş, Can Deniz Şahin) – Turkey
- The Wizards (Director/Producer: Marko Kacanski) – Serbia
- A Woman’s Table: The Making of a Mediterranean Diet (Director: Alexandros Merkouris, Andreas Apostolidis; Producer: Rea Apostolides, Yuri Averof) – Greece
- Go Back (Director/Producer: Boris Despodov) – Bulgaria
- Do Not Come Home (Director: Danilo Lazovic, Milos Ljubomirovic; Producer: Milos Ljubomirović, Danilo Lazovic) – Serbia
- Substitute for VUD (Director: Senad Šahmanović; Producer: Jure Pavlović, Bojan Kanjera, Senad Šahmanović) – Montenegro, Croatia, Serbiа
- Antoine the Fortunate (Director: Nefin Dinc; Producer: Rea Apostolides, Yuri Averof, Clara Vuillermoz, Nefin Dinc, Heinrich Maye) – Greece, France, Austria
- Sava (Director/Producer: Matthew Somerville) – Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, UK
- I’m People I Am Nobody (Director: Svetislav Dragomirović; Producer: Lorand Balazs Imre) – Serbia